Normoxic Trimix Diver (OC, SCR, CCR)
1. This Program is designed to train those who wish to dive to depths between 130 fsw (39 msw) and 200 fsw (60 msw), but who do not wish to breathe air below 130 fsw (39 msw). Trimix affords a means of reducing narcosis on dives to such depths.
2. (RB) This Program is further designed to train divers in the safer use of Rebreathers for dives using normoxic helium-based gas mixtures.
3. The knowledge and skills taught in this program are more than adequate to qualify divers to perform Trimix Dives outside of training up to 200 fsw (60 msw).
1. Must be qualified as an IANTD Advanced EANx Diver. Divers qualified as Technical Diver, see note below under Program Content section.
2. Must provide proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least 30 were deeper than 90 fsw (27 msw) or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training
3. (RB) Must have 20 dives and 25 hours on the rebreather being used.
4. (RB) Divers certified as OC Normoxic Trimix may take this course combined with the Rebreather Diver course with qualification given once the 20 dives and 25 hours are logged.
5. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.